This ever so pretty and gluten-free treat uses honey instead of sugar, which is healthier and also keeps the cake moist for longer!
SERVES 6-8 PREP 15 MINS
150g honey (we like Manuka)
3 free range large eggs
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
150g Self Raising Gluten-free flour
50g high quality cocoa powder, sifted
5 tbsp Milk (we like lactose free or goats milk)
Double cream, whipped to serve
Strawberries (6, halved)
200g dark chocolate for the topping
1. Mix the butter and honey until fluffy in a medium sized bowl.
2. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract, then stir in your gluten free flour, cocoa powder and milk.
3. Add the mixture to a shallow cake tin aboyt 18 – 20cm in diameter and bake on the oven for 20mins on a 160.c heat.
4. Leave to cool.
5. Melt the chocolate over a bain marie, stirring occasionally until melted and cover the cake.
6. Decorate with thick, whipped cream and fresh strawberries!
See more fab recipes from Vicki Psarias at Honest Mum.
Photo credit: Kirsty Mattsson Photography