Our turkey meatballs with vegetable spaghetti is the perfect low carb recipe! Treat yourself to a vegetable spiralizer from Lakeland, £29.99 – it turns vegetables into impressive spaghetti like long strands! For a cheaper option use a julienne vegetable peeler – just £3.55!
PREP 20 MINS
COOK 25 MINS
What you need:
FOR THE MEATBALLS:
500g turkey thigh mince
1tbsp Italian seasoning
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE:
1tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1tbsp chipolte paste
400g can tomatoes
small bunch basil leaves
FOR THE VEGETABLE SPAGHETTI:
500g mooli (white radish), peeled
500g courgettes, trimmed, washed
What to do:
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200C. Put the turkey thigh mince into a processor, with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, onion and garlic. Blend to combine, then shape into balls.
- Line a roasting tin with a non-stick Teflon sheet, arrange the meatballs on top and cook in the oven for 25 mins, turning as needed until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and cook for a few mins to soften. Stir in the chipolte paste, canned tomatoes, and several basil leaves. Gently simmer for 5 mins.
- Secure the vegetables in the spiralizer, and twist the handle to create long strands of mooli and courgettes. Spread onto 2 lined baking sheets and bake for just 3 mins until warmed through.
- Gently stir the vegetable spaghetti into the tomato sauce, serve with meatballs and basil leaves. Season to taste.
Per serving: Protein per serving: 30g
Fat per serving: 4g
Saturated fat per serving: 1.5g
Carbohydrate per serving: 11g
Calories per serving: 206