We love this tasty chilli and cauliflower rice recipe that is really low carb and filling, perfect for the whole family! Cauliflower rice is trending at the moment so follow this easy recipe and you will be able to make this filling alternative to pasta and rice in no time!
What you need:
1 finely chopped onion
3 finely chopped garlic cloves
1-2 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground cumin
500g lean mince beef (5% fat or less)
400g of chopped tomatoes
2 chopped red peppers
400g red kidney beans in chilli sauce
2 cauliflowers broken into florets
Chopped cucumber, red onion and tomato
What to do:
- place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and stir fry 1 finely chopped onion and 3 finely chopped garlic cloves for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1-2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp ground cumin and 500g lean mince beef (5% fat or less) and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add 400g can chopped tomatoes and 2 chopped red peppers. Bring to the boil, season and cook on a low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Add 400g can red kidney beans in chilli sauce and return to the heat for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break 2 cauliflowers into florets and whizz in a food processor or grate.
- Then pop into a microwaveable dish, cover with cling film, cook for 3 minutes and fluff up with a fork.
- Serve the chilli with the cauliflower rice and a chunky salad of chopped cucumber, red onion and tomato.
Recipes taken from Slimming World’s collection. For more information or to find your nearest group visit slimmingworld.co.uk or call 0344 897 8000.
Photos: Slimming World/Gareth Morgans, Graeme Simpson, Karen Thomas.