What’s not to love about this leek and kale macaroni cheese? Strictly speaking macaroni uses dinky little pasta tubes but we’ve tried something new with chunkier pasta, added loads of veg and come up with a brand new cheats cheesy sauce. Scrummy…
SERVES 4 PREP 5 MINS
COOK 30 MINS
What you need:
1 vegetable stock pot
1bsp olive oil
350g cheese sauce
1tbsp Dijon mustard
4 leeks, trimmed and sliced
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
What you need to do:
- Fill a large pan with 11/2 litres of boiling salted water and add the stock pot, return water to the boil.
- Add the rigatoni and cook for 7 mins,
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 200C, Gas 6. Spread the kale onto a baking tray, sprinkle with sea salt, drizzle with oil and bake for 5 mins to soften.
- In a jug combine the quark, cheese sauce and mustard.
- Add the leeks to the pasta and cook for 3 mins. Drain the pasta and leeks.
- Tip the pasta, leeks and kale to a large ovenproof dish, stir to combine.
- Pour over the cheese sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 20 mins until pale golden.
Food editor’s tip:
For a runnier sauce add 100ml of the reserved pasta cooking liquid.
Per serving: 485cals, 14g fat (8.5g saturated fat), 59g carbs