This creamy cider chicken casserole may be light, but it’s certainly still filling – a one-pot wonder you’ll want to repeat all year long! Add 3 cubed potatoes if you like, too for a more hearty dish!
What you need:
2tbsp sunflower oil
2 apples, cored, cut into chunks
1 onion, cut into wedges
3 sticks celery, sliced
8 rasher smoked streaky bacon
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
500ml bottle cider (or apple juice)
1tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 chicken stock pot
2tbsp crème fraiche
What you need to do:
- Heat oven to 180C, Gas 4. Heat 1tbsp oil and pan fry the apples for 3-4 mins until golden, then set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and cook the onion and celery for 5 mins, to soften.
- Wrap each rasher of bacon around the seasoned chicken thighs, securing with a cocktail stick. Pan fry for 10 mins, turning until evenly browned.
- Add the cider, mustard and stock pot. Bring to the boil, cover and cook in the oven for 40 mins.
- Add the apples and crème fraiche, bring to the boil and serve.
Per serving: 322 cals, 18g fat, 6g sat fat, xxg carbs
Food editor’s top tip:
Cook in a slow cooker for 4 hours. Add apples and crème fraiche and heat through on the hob.
See more low cal recipes below