This dish is a superfoods recipe in disguise! Chef Matt has made wonderful use of the ingredients and brought out the best in each one, making highly nutritious food delicious first and foremost. The spiced and baked cauliflower will make you forget that it’s one of the healthiest vegetables out there, with a sky-high vitamin C content, and the za’tar chicken caters for your daily portion of protein. The pomegranate dressing not only offers antioxidants, but it brings the whole dish together to ensure you tuck into a well- balanced meal.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
What you need:
5g cumin seeds
2g fennel seeds
2x chicken breasts
10g fresh parsley
20g whole hazelnuts
1x red chilli
20ml pomegranate molasses
10g fresh coriander
What you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan). Wash and cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Crush the cumin and fennel in a pestle. Add them to a baking tray with the cauliflower, 2tbsp oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and cook on the top shelf of the oven for 20mins.
- Meanwhile, rinse, then dry the chicken and cut into 2cm thick strips. Place in a bowl, season and coat in the za‘tar spice along with 1tbsp of oil.
- Cut the pomegranate in half. Over a bowl, knock out the seeds using the back of a spoon, and set aside. Wash the herbs, pick the leaves and roughly chop. Place a small frying pan on low to medium heat, and toast hazelnuts. Leave to cool then roughly chop.
- Zest the whole washed lemon and juice half into a small bowl. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Wash, halve and deseed the chilli, then finely chop. Add all to a bowl along with the pomegranate molasses, 3tbsp of oil, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Heat your griddle pan until smoking hot. Cook the chicken strips for 3mins on each side, Keep warm and set aside. Place on a roasting tray and keep warm in the oven.
- Add the chopped herbs, hazelnuts, pomegranate seeds and dressing to the tray with the cauliflower, mix well. To finish, plate the salad with the grilled chicken and squeeze over the remaining lemon juice.
SEE MORE LOW CALORIE RECIPES BELOW