PREP 5 MINS
COOK 15 MINS
6 baby sweetcorn, halved
100g green beans, halved
1tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2tbsp yellow Thai curry paste
250g sirloin steak, fat trimmed, cut into strips
1 red pepper, deseeded, sliced
8 kaffir lime leaves
1tsp brown sugar
2tbsp black bean sauce
Juice of 1 lime
4tsp Thai fish sauce
12 Thai basil leaves
8 mint leaves, sliced
1. Plunge the sweetcorn and green beans into a pan of boiling water for 2 mins to soften slightly, drain.
2. Heat a large wok with the oil, then add the onion and garlic and cook for a couple of mins.
3. Add the curry paste and fry for 2 mins, stirring. Push the onion mixture to one side.
4. Increase the heat, add the beef strips and cook for 2 mins to brown.
5. Add the red pepper, beans and corn, and mix well. Stir in the lime leaves, sugar, black bean sauce, lime juice, fish sauce and 100ml water, or more if you like a good sauce. Bring to a simmer for a couple of mins.
6. Season with black pepper, then sprinkle on the basil and mint.
Per serving: 245 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated), 13g carbs