You can’t get much easier than this – literally just stir everything together and freeze. This recipe makes 2 large puddings – so pop them in the freezer well in advance, for easy and impressive soft scoop ice cream that’s perfect to serve for 2 meals.
600ml double cream
150ml Irish Cream Liqueur (Baileys)
397g can condensed milk
1/2tsp ground ginger
225g jar cocktail cherries, drained and halved
350g jar stem ginger, drained and chopped
100g Amaretti biscuits, roughly crushed
100g plain chocolate (Bournville), chopped
400g can caramel
For the chocolate sauce (optional):
150g plain chocolate, broken into squares
4tbsp double cream
Holly leaves, to decorate
- Whip the cream until softly peaking. Pour in the Irish Cream Liqueur and condensed milk and whisk in.
- Stir in the the cherries, ginger, Amaretti and chocolate.
- Spoon in the caramel and stir to swirl into the mixture.
- Line 2 x 1 litre pudding basins with cling film. Pour in the creamy mixture, cover with cling film. Freeze for at least 7 hours before serving.
- To serve; make the sauce, heat the chocolate, butter and cream in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt.
- Turn the pudding out onto a serving plate and drizzle over some chocolate sauce. Decorate with a holly sprig.
PER SERVING: 640 CALS, 38g FAT (22g SATURATED), 47 CARBS
FOOD ED’S TIP: For a child friendly version; switch the Baileys for chocolate milk, stem ginger for 2 chopped bananas and the amaretti biscuits for chocolate chip biscuits and the plain chocolate for milk.