Hit ITV show Dancing on Ice will make an exciting return to our screens in 2018.
And while fans are overjoyed at the news that seasoned daytime TV presenters Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield will be returning to front it, they may not be bowled over by the latest addition to the celeb line-up.
According to The Sun, former England cricketer Monty Panesar – who was sacked from the Sussex cricket team after being fined for urinating on bouncers during a colourful night out in Brighton – will make his return to the public eye as a contestant on the new series.
Continuing the same source added that the spin bowler – who has played for several counties during his recent comeback from the sport – also hopes that training alongside other athletes on the show will result in him ‘keeping him super fit’.
Speaking earlier in 2017 Monty revealed how important it was for him to keep looking to the future, despite some controversy over his past.
“I asked myself what was most important to me – to make a bit of money or to train every day to make sure I am fit and ready so I can play cricket again,” said Monty earlier in 2017.
“While I may not be earning as much as before, what is important in my life right now is playing cricket. I don’t care how much effort it takes, how much I have to fight, I am going to make a comeback,” he told The Sun.
Dancing on Ice 2018 – what else do we know?
Also confirmed as winging their way back to the show are Olympic skating supremos Torvill and Dean, who will both sit on a revamped ice panel alongside two yet-to-be confirmed additional judges.
Other celebs also said to officially be ready to don a pair of skates and a sparkly get up for the show, according to The Sun, are as follows:
- Katie Price – TV personality and former glamour model
- Ray J – Celebrity Big Brother housemate and Kim Kardashian sex tape star
- Ebony Rainford-Brent – England cricket player and member of the 2009 World Cup.
- Sally Morgan – TV’s ‘Psychic’ Sally
- Amber Hill – Olympic Skeet shooter for Team GB
- Candice Brown – Great British Bake Off winner and Sunday Times Baking columnist
- Saira Khan – Loose Women panellist and Celebrity Big Brother contestant
- Katie McGlynn – Coronation Street’s Sinead Tinker
- Alex Gerrard – wife of footballer Steven Gerrard
- Max Evans – Scottish rugby player
- Toby Anstis – kids TV presenter
- Paul Burrell – Princess Diana’s butler and confidant
- Antony Cotton – Coronation Street’s Sean Tully
- Stephen Bailey – comedian
- Olly Smith – TV presenter and wine expert for Saturday Kitchen
We’re keeping our fingers crossed that Dancing on Ice fills the hole left behind by Strictly.
And as ever the romantic in us is hoping that love will bloom on the ice. January 2018 can’t come quick enough as far as we’re concerned!