Next week the Great British Bake Off 2015 is back and we can’t wait! Starting on 5 August at 8pm, the show sees the return of judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood, along side presenters Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins. 13.5 million viewers tuned into the final last year and this series looks to be just as good!
Paul Hollywood shared these fab photos this week taking us behind the scenes on the new series which is about to start.
The first episode will begin with cake week – hurrah! The bakers’ first challenge will be to make the perfect Madeira cake and the technical challenge will see them take on Mary Berry’s frosted walnut cake! The final showstopper task will be to reinvent the famous, classic black forest gateau.
And the winner WILL be one of these 12 contestants hoping to be crowned master baker in this year’s Great British Bake Off final. From a former member of Buckingham Palace’s Coldstream Guards, to Dalai Lama’s personal photographer, a fire fighter and a bodybuilder, this year’s line up is set to be the best yet!
Here are the contestants – who do you think will win? Do you see any potential?
- Ian, 41 from Cambridgeshire is a travel photographer and the Dalai Lama’s personal photographer when he is in the UK!
- Nadiya, 30 from Leeds has been baking for 10 years after wondering why her father only served ice cream for dessert in his restaurant.
- Alvin, 37 from Berkshire is a nurse and he bakes at least four times a week.
- Ugne, 32 from Essex is a bodybuilder whose hobby is now baking!
- Tamal, 29 from Manchester is a trainee anesthetist who baked his older sister’s wedding cake!
- Marie, 66 from Paris was first inspired to bake after moving to Paris and seeing all the French patisseries!
- Mat, 37 from London is a fire fighter and began baking cakes, biscuits, break and pies only three years ago!
- Sandy, 49 from Bradford is a child welfare officer who also runs a cookery club where she teaches children to bake.
- Flora, 19 from Scotland is this year’s youngest baker and comes from a big family of bakers and has baked from an early age.
- Stu, 35 from Surrey is a professional musician who has toured the world and started baking at a young age.
- Dorret, 53 from Preston is a self-confessed foodie who likes to experiment with food and often hosts dinner parties to impress friends!
- Paul, 49 from Wales is a prison governor and once performed ceremonial duties at Buckingham Palace! He also loves baking and wants to break stereotypes…